At a glance
Georgioupolis: Full seasonal employment (April - end of October)
Gross salary: 1.800 - 2.200 €
The final salary level will be determined on the basis of merit after the interview. Benefits may include, depending on the position, free daily meals at one of the restaurants in the facility or free accommodation in a fully renovated single or double room very close to the respective property. The terms of the sectoral collective agreement for hotel employees in Chania apply.
The position is available right now
The Sushi Chef's responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food inventory and working with attention to detail to execute all orders to quality standards. To be successful in this position, you must have experience in Japanese cuisine and be able to work during our restaurant hours.
- Create a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients and raw fish (for example, salmon, tuna, eel).
- Preparation of sushi of all kinds, such as maki, nigiri and sashimi.
- Selecting fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare high-quality dishes (such as avocados, mangoes and carrots).
- Add extra flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce when needed.
- Managing food preparation activities, such as boiling rice.
- Coordination with the catering staff to ensure appropriate cooking, taking into account special requests and food allergies.
- Preparation of appetizers, various kinds of soups and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine.
- Keeping track of food stocks and placing orders when necessary.
- Adhering to hygiene principles in all cooking areas and cleaning your work area at the end of your shift.
- Work experience as a Sushi Chef or Asian Cuisine Restaurant Chef.
- Good knowledge of various types of sushi and sushi wrapping techniques.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
- Team spirit.
- Ability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Flexibility to work in different shifts.
- Previous experience in a similar position in 4* or 5* hotels will be appreciated but is not essential.
- A professional and pleasant work environment
- Opportunities for further career development through continuous on-the-job training
- Attractive salary package with full insurance
- Free daily meals in the restaurant of the respective facility
- Possibly free accommodation close to the respective facility
We are looking for a full-time Sous Chef to join the culinary team of Corissia Hotels & Resort in Georgioupolis, Chania in Crete, Greece.
We are looking for a pastry chef (Chef Pâtissier) for full-time employment in the pastry workshop of the restaurants (buffet and à la carte) of the hotel group Corissia Hotels & Resort in Georgioupolis Crete, Greece.
We are looking for a cook for full-time employment in the kitchen in one of the restaurants (buffet and à la carte) of the hotel group Corissia Hotels & Resort in Georgioupolis or within the city of Chania in Crete, Greece.
Send your CV and apply
Please send your full curriculum vitae (CV) including a recent photograph and a short letter of interest to the following e-mail address.
After we have evaluated the data we will contact you for a personal discussion. Your personal information is of course always kept confidential. Thank you very much.
Human Resources Manager
Corissia Hotels & Resort
Tel. +30 28250 83011
daily from 08:00 to 15:00